06 December 2008

Oh the People I Know!

I am fortunate enough to know a lot of very cool people. Especially the ones who read this blog. :)

A few of them don't just love music, they love making music, and thus we will occasionally use this space to plug for them, because they are cool (and talented!).

For example, I'm privileged to have made friends with former Joe Jackson bandmate and continually surprising guru of guitar Vinnie Zummo , who is every bit as Noo Yahk as that name implies. This time of year I would normally be slinging a pitch for his terrific holiday CD, A Retro Cool Bossa Nova Christmas , but Vinnie's a forward-lookin' guy, right? So instead I'll share his latest single, "Ringo," a tribute to the most lovable drummer of all time, from his latest album Swinging Guitar Sounds of Young America  . The Beatles fan in your household will get a kick out of this one:

No comments:

ShareThis!