04 December 2009

Who Doesn’t Need a Little Annie?

Annie Lennox is one of those performers that, while I may not love everything she does, I love her voice and will always listen to it. She can save a weak song, embolden a strong song, and take a great song right up to the mountaintop.

I will always love her most for her involvement in The Tourists, a band I doubt most self-proclaimed fans are even aware of. Most of her work in Eurythmics is something to be proud of too, and she certainly hit a note with her first and second solo albums.

Here’s a video of her latest effort, a duet with David Gray. I’m not too wild about him or his stuff, but their voice do blend together pretty well. This single’s proceeds are going to Children in Need, presumably including the money they throw around at the end. :)

No comments:

ShareThis!